We are a synthetic polymer chemistry group based in the Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, UK. Our research is diverse but may be loosely grouped as novel materials for therapeutics and diagnostics.
To achieve this we use a combination of "small molecule" synthesis, modern polymer synthesis, including controlled radical and ring-opening polymerizations, and in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies.
- 01 Nov 2017 » PhD studentship in oxidation-responsive materials available for Sept/Oct. 2018 start.
- 05 Oct 2017 » Congratulations to Kat on winning a poster prize at the Advanced Materials for Biomedical Applications Conference in Ghent.
- 03 Oct 2017 » New paper on tuning the transition temperature of thermoresponsive nanoparticles now online in Soft Matter.
- 23 Sep 2017 » Anna has joined the group as a PhD student, and Elliott, Fiona and Katie are starting their MChem projects. Welcome to the Lab!
- 15 Sep 2017 » Marissa has rejoined the group as PhD student. Welcome back!
- 16 Jul 2017 » Laura's paper on the effect of branched poly(acrylic acid) on apatite formation is now online in J. Mater. Chem. B.
- 28 Apr 2017 » Spain group awarded funding to develop inflammation-responsive materials. Further details to follow.
- 10 Mar 2017 » Congratulations to Laura passing her PhD viva.
- 01 Feb 2017 » Congratulations to Laura on her new job at Scott Bader.
- News archive...