We are a synthetic polymer chemistry group based in the Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, UK. Our research is diverse but may be loosely grouped as novel materials for therapeutics and diagnostics.
To achieve this we use a combination of "small molecule" synthesis, modern polymer synthesis, including controlled radical and ring-opening polymerizations, and in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies.
- 20 May 2020 » Kathy's paper on fatty acid-containing patches for candidiasis is now online in ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng.
- 02 Apr 2020 » Jake's paper on lysozyme-containing electrospun patches is now online in Mat. Sci. Eng. C.
- 14 Jan 2020 » Congratulations to Rheanna on passing her PhD viva.
- 18 Dec 2020 » Congratulations to Jasmine on passing her PhD viva.
- 26 Nov 2020 » Congratulations to Tom on passing his PhD viva.
- 14 Nov 2020 » Congratulations to Emma on passing her PhD viva.
- 09 Sep 2019 » Congratulations to Kathy on passing her PhD viva.
- 31 Jul 2019 » Kathy's paper on lidocaine delivery from electrospun patches is now online in Mol. Pharmaceutics.
- 13 Jul 2019 » Congratulations to Dom on passing his PhD viva.
- News archive
- "Medium-chain fatty acids released from polymeric electrospun patches inhibit Candida albicans growth and reduce biofilm viability", ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng., 2020, Just Accepted Manuscript. [DOI]
- "Incorporation of Lysozyme into a Mucoadhesive Electrospun Patch for Rapid Protein Delivery to the Oral Mucosa", Mat. Sci. Eng. C., 2020, 112, 110917. [DOI]
- "Mucoadhesive electrospun patch delivery of lidocaine to the oral mucosa and investigation of spatial distribution in tissue using MALDI mass spectrometry imaging", Mol. Pharmaceutics, 2019, 16, 3948-3956. [DOI]
- "Polyvalent diazonium polymers provide efficient protection of oncolytic adenovirus Enadenotucirev from neutralising antibodies while maintaining biological activity in vitro and in vivo", Bioconjugate Chem., 2019, 30, 1244–1257. [DOI]
- "Self-assembly of amphiphilic statistical copolymers and their aqueous rheological properties", Macromolecules, 2018, 51, 1474-1487. [DOI]
- Full publication list